In the latest installment of our Tip of the Week series of Animation tutorials our resident expert and Professional Product Manager, Lilly Vogelesang, will explain the way the deform rig can be swapped out to stick your character’s feet to the ground in Animate, Animate Pro and Harmony.
This Tip of the Week is in two parts, each of which run for approx 10 minutes.
In Part 1, Lilly begins by introducing the topic of Swapping the deform rig out. She than continues to give a simple example showing rigging, peg layers and hierarchy; this is followed by an explanation of offset modules and sticking your character’s feet to the ground; Lilly continues by explaining the deform hierachy and showing an example. A mention is also given to using curve-style deformers and staying on-model.
In Part 2 , Lilly continues by showing how to create deform rigging in the process she talks about rigging the leg with a Top down -rig, a bottom -up rig and a Curve-style rig. How to create kinematic output is also explained and how to duplicate a drawing to create an new rig. Finally, swapping a rig out is shown and the video concludes with a summary of what you have learned.
So get comfortable, watch the video and learn how to experience a better way to more efficient and satisfying animation, with our Tip of the Week.
More Animation Resources from Toon Boom
When you have watched our latest Tips of the Week, we have much more for you to learn about. Make use of these great animation resources to become the very best.
Visit our Toon Boom Tips Channel on YouTube and watch all of the Tips of the Week.
Become a better animator by visiting our Toon Boom Professional Animating Resources:
- Producing a 3DStereoscopic Project – Turn your project into a 3D Stereoscopic animation. Instructions and material.
- Templates – Professional-quality templates for Animate, Animate Pro and Harmony, everything from Sunrises to Particle Effects.
- Video Tutorials – Expert animation tutorials to help you begin and then progress to the highest level of animation expertise.
- Community Video Tutorials - These in-depth animation tutorials are created by some of Toom Boom’s industry power users.
- Visit our User Forums - We answer your questions. Work with other users and our experts to get answers to your animation and storyboarding questions.