The Tip of the Week series Highlights and Shadows continues with the Week 2 installment where our resident expert and Professional Product Manager, Lilly Vogelesang, will explain how to use the Apply-Peg-Transformation Shadow effect.
The video will show haw to use this effect in frame-by-frame animation and then with a cut-out character
This video is 13 minutes long.
After a brief recap of last week’s tip, Lilly begins by showing how to use a copy of the drawing as a matte on a frame-by-frame animation. She goes on to demonstrate the use of the Apply-Peg-Transformation effect and using the Transformation tool to move the copy slightly. She then views the effect using the Render view. Lilly opens the Highlight module to take a peek inside and demonstrate the use of the Invert Matte option and what effects that has.
She continues to explain that it is even possible to use this as a reference layer to show exactly where the shadow should go. In the last half of the video, Lilly talks about using the same process with a cut-out character and the advantages of using this process.
So get comfortable, watch the video and learn how to experience a better way to more efficient and satisfying animation, with our Tip of the Week.
More Animation Resources from Toon Boom
When you have watched our latest Tips of the Week, we have much more for you to learn about. Make use of these great animation resources to become the very best.
Visit our Toon Boom Tips Channel on YouTube and watch all of the Tips of the Week.
Become a better animator by visiting our Toon Boom Professional Animating Resources:
- Producing a 3DStereoscopic Project – Turn your project into a 3D Stereoscopic animation. Instructions and material.
- Templates – Professional-quality templates for Animate, Animate Pro and Harmony, everything from Sunrises to Particle Effects.
- Video Tutorials – Expert animation tutorials to help you begin and then progress to the highest level of animation expertise.
- Community Video Tutorials - These in-depth animation tutorials are created by some of Toom Boom’s industry power users.
- Visit our User Forums - We answer your questions. Work with other users and our experts to get answers to your animation and storyboarding questions.