The Tip of the Week series Highlights and Shadows continues with the Week 3 installment where our resident expert and Professional Product Manager, Lilly Vogelesang, will explain how to use the Apply-Peg-Transformation Shadow effect.
The video will show haw to use this effect in frame-by-frame animation and then with a cut-out character
This video is 10 minutes long.
After a brief recap of last week’s tip, Lilly begins by showing how to use deform on a character’s arm. She goes on to demonstrate the use of direct drawing layers connected to a cutter and using the shadow as different drawing layers. She then explains how to set the pivot point and rotating the shadows. The video continues with Lilly using the deform on the arm and adjusting the size of the transform. She then shows us how to make the shadow follow the movement of the arm by applying the same deform to the shadow layer. After this sharing a deform is explained and how to use the Create Kinematic Output to connect in a layer that you want to follow the movement but not be deformed.
In conclusion, Lilly summarizes the steps to used when you want to deform the arm and shadow.
So get comfortable, watch the video and learn how to experience a better way to more efficient and satisfying animation, with our Tip of the Week.
More Animation Resources from Toon Boom
When you have watched our latest Tips of the Week, we have much more for you to learn about. Make use of these great animation resources to become the very best.
Visit our Toon Boom Tips Channel on YouTube and watch all of the Tips of the Week.
Become a better animator by visiting our Toon Boom Professional Animating Resources:
- Producing a 3DStereoscopic Project – Turn your project into a 3D Stereoscopic animation. Instructions and material.
- Templates – Professional-quality templates for Animate, Animate Pro and Harmony, everything from Sunrises to Particle Effects.
- Video Tutorials – Expert animation tutorials to help you begin and then progress to the highest level of animation expertise.
- Community Video Tutorials - These in-depth animation tutorials are created by some of Toom Boom’s industry power users.
- Visit our User Forums - We answer your questions. Work with other users and our experts to get answers to your animation and storyboarding questions.