In the continuing installment of our Tip of the Week series on how to Work in a 3D Space our resident expert and Professional Product Manager, Lilly Vogelesang, will explain how to Work in a 3D Space in Animate Pro and Harmony.
This week’s video is 14 minutes long. Lilly shows how to set up a 3D space in Toon Boom Animate Pro and Harmony. She starts by Arranging the workspace for 3D with Camera view and Perspective view visible. This is followed by Creating a scene and Adding and naming layers to show depth.
Next, she explains the Usage of layers in a 3D Space and their relation to Camera moves. At this point Lilly provides a brief explanation about Importing from photoshop and grouping layers. Following this she explains the Use of Advanced animation tools in 3D space and the Difference between the Translate tool and the Maintain size (Move) tool to move a layer and scale it the correct amount for the scene. Continuing, she shows how to Position the layers in a 3D space; Adding a camera into the scene and adding a camera peg. This is followed by a detailed explanation of why you will get the following Cannot add Peg in this Display mode. Change to Display All mode message if you try to add a peg without the camera layer being selected.
Lilly concludes this video by Creating a 2D Camera move in a 3D space and the reasons why a 2D camera move or a 3D camera move may be used and Showing the use of the multiplane effect.
So get comfortable, watch the video and learn how to experience a better way to more efficient and satisfying animation, with our Tip of the Week.
More Animation Resources from Toon Boom
When you have watched our latest Tips of the Week, we have much more for you to learn about. Make use of these great animation resources to become the very best.
Visit our Toon Boom Tips Channel on YouTube and watch all of the Tips of the Week.
Become a better animator by visiting our Toon Boom Professional Animating Resources:
- Producing a 3DStereoscopic Project – Turn your project into a 3D Stereoscopic animation. Instructions and material.
- Templates – Professional-quality templates for Animate, Animate Pro and Harmony, everything from Sunrises to Particle Effects.
- Video Tutorials – Expert animation tutorials to help you begin and then progress to the highest level of animation expertise.
- Community Video Tutorials - These in-depth animation tutorials are created by some of Toon Boom’s industry power users.
- Visit our User Forums - We answer your questions. Work with other users and our experts to get answers to your animation and storyboarding questions.